Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The power of rvtv prayer!

From Rodger Doudney of team 6..



Hi rvtv, Rodger from team 6 here. Having come back to God myself just on 2 years ago I have been praying for my 3 daughters that some how…some way, they also would come to know and believe in our Lord.

Last month the youngest of the 3…Stacey…agreed to come and visit me from Victoria.

Prior to her arrival I was on crew for the filming of….as I recall….the Saturday evening service.

During our team prayer session pre-service in the greenroom I publicly prayed to God for an opportunity to introduce Stacey to Him.

You see she was a FIRM non believer…..there was no God….no plan…..whatever happened….simply happened...

Shortly after she arrived she agreed to attend a service. Although she didn’t enjoy her first experience it did prompt a number of questions at home to which I answered as best I could. I also told her how God had impacted my life and the miracles he has performed which is another story in itself.

This questioning went on for a number of days and then one evening she said “dad” “I do believe there is a God” “I’m still not sure about this church thing yet” “but yes…I believe”

From there she went and saw her boyfriend (who recently moved here also) and immediately commenced witnessing to him!

Although this is still early day’s and remains a work in progress I am so overjoyed and I just praise GOD and again publicly thank Him for answering my prayers and allowing me to commence Stacey on that narrow road that leads to everlasting life.

Thank you my LORD.

2 Comments:

Blogger FrankPoL said...

Thanks for sharing this inspiring story Rodger!

It's amazing to hear how God has changed a persons heart a & life, and a great reminder of how prayer plays a vital part.

We're really happy to hear your news!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Smithay said...

Fantastic news so far Roger!!!
We just don't know when people are ready to begin to hear from God in their journey, Team 5 will continue to support Stacey and you in prayer.
God Bless

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home